Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wagon Trains and Wolverines

Hey Everybody - I took the week off last week so I thought I'd get a new post up before the weekend. It's going to be a busy week here with Michigan coming to town.

Wagon Train
Last week we found out that our next project in 4th grade was going to be a pretend wagon train. My wagon train group is Zach, Dana, Maria, Alex F., J.T. and me. We are pretending we are a family from New York in the late 1700's. We are travelling to Symmes Purchase, Ohio. I am the "wagon master."

Our characters are named Norm, Betty, Marian, James, John and I am playing Lisa. I am the mother of John and Betty and I am married to Norm. Marian is the Grandma. James is a farmer who joined us for the ride.

There's a New Kid in Town
Last week we got a new student in our class. His name is J.T.

Extra Duties
This week has been busy. I got to be a DEAR monitor in Mrs. Fox's class. DEAR stands for "drop everything and read." I also had a student council meeting today. We talked about our next Spirit Day and a food drive that we will have before Christmas. We will give the food we collect to the Mid-Ohio Food Bank.

I also had our second meeting of our lunch time book club. Mrs. Edwards, our librarian, is in charge. We are reading Geek Chic. It's about a girl named Zoey. We haven't read much yet.

Dental Drama
I am excited that on December 15th (less than a month) I will get my palette expander removed. Dr. Marshall says my teeth are coming together nicely.

Pigskin Predictions
After doing pretty good with pro games a few weeks ago, I am back to picking college games this week. The games I am picking this week are:

  • Michigan vs. Ohio State
  • NC State vs. North Carolina
  • Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt
  • Michigan State vs. Penn State
  • Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma

Michigan stinks this year (sorry Micah). I am going with my home town Buckeyes to win this game.


I think they will be happy in Chapel Hill - North Carolina wins

Vandy sounds dandy.

Dad says Penn State is favored so I am going with them.

Texas Tech and Oklahoma? I don't know who is going to win this one. Dad says there is a "lot on the line." I think I'll go with the home team - Oklahoma in a close one.

I hope everyone who goes to the game this weekend - including my Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Kevin - all stay warm. I'll be in my Buckeye sweatshirt in front of the fireplace.


Go Bucks! BOO Michigan!!!

No comments: