Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Week

I love holiday weeks at school. We just had two days of class this week. Tuesday was really neat because Mrs. Lobao brought the class in TimBits from Tim Horton's, I won a prize bag for a reading contest and my dad got to come in and read to our class.

We didn't have school on Wednesday so I went to my Grandma's house to help her prepare stuff for Thanksgiving dinner. I peeled potatoes, cut the ends off the green beans and helped set the table. On Thursday we enjoyed a very nice dinner with Turkey and all the other foods you would expect. My little cousins (Shelby and Hunter) didn't eat too much turkey. They mainly ate rolls and waited until dessert for cookies. Taylor just drank her bottle.

I got to spend time today with my other cousins. We had breakfast with my Nana at First Watch. I had a big chocolate chip pancake and bacon. It was yummy. I played with my cousins this afternoon and now am home with my pajamas on watching QVC. Have you ever seen how much food they try to sell you????? My Mommy promised me that as soon as I get my braces off she's ordering some of those Mrs. Prindables chocolate caramel pretzels for me. Yum-O! I can't wait to get my braces off!!!!!!!!!

I'll have plenty to blog about in the next few weeks - a show by the Radio City Rockettes that I will go to with my best friend Rachel and her little sister Jenna, the Nutcracker with my Grandma it will be my 8th year. And a Christmas Tree lighting ceremony with my 4th grade classmates. We'll be singing Christmas carols.

Now, this weeks football picks:

Maryland vs. Boston College - I will pick Boston College
Georgia Tech vs. Georgia - I am pulling for the Dawggies
Florida vs. Florida State - I love my Dad so I will pick Florida
Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State - OU is favored so I will pick them
Notre Dame vs. USC - Not a hard pick here - USC

How was your Thanksgiving? Did you eat lots of turkey? Leave me a comment and let me know

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Riley,
I can't wait to see the Rocketts with you and do the tree lighting.

Rachel :) :) :) :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Riley,

I loved reading your details of all your happenings over the past week... And I cannot tell you how very much I truly appreciated all of your help on Wednseday with preparing the Thanksgiving food--you did a great job and saved me lots of time in the kitchen, therefore, I wasn't so tired on Thursday and was able to enjoy my day and time with the whole family. "THANK YOU"!!
I am also looking forward to our outing at "The Nutcracker", this has turned into a real holiday memory for me and I hope also for you.

Love Ya'
Gram

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ri
I promise to order you a batch of those Chocolate Covered Pretzels that you drool over everytime they come on QVC. I may even order you a box of the carmel apples too!

Hugs,
Mom