Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's Cold...I'm Bored...It's Saturday

We just wrapped up a week of Indian Summer and the weather was perfect. We were able to play outside each day after school and I even wore shorts most of the week. Now the chilly fall weather has arrived and I don't like it.

It has been a busy week and it won't end until tomorrow afternoon with my cousin Taylor's baptism.

This week we had our Parent Teacher conferences and I had to lead the discussion. It was fun but I was kind of nervous. Mrs. Lobao was very helpful and my parents didn't ask me too many questions.

We also did our Indian power point presentations. My teammates were Alayna and Maria. It was about the Mingo Tribe that we have been studying.

I forgot to pick football games last weekend because I was recovering from my awesome trick-or-treat on Halloween. I ended up with 179 pieces of candy. I think my favorite kind is either Whoppers malted milk balls or Kit Kats.

This week I am going to try my picking skills with NFL games. Here goes:

Tennessee vs. Chicago
Seattle vs. Miami
Jacksonville vs. Detroit
Indianapolis vs. Pittsburgh
NY Giants vs. Philadelphia

I really like visiting the city of Chicago but I think the Tennessee Titans will like visiting Chicago too. I am picking the Titans to remain undefeated.

I will pick the favored Miami Dolphins

My dad says Jacksonville has been underachievers this year. They even lost to the winless Bengals last week. This week they play the winless Lions and the Jags will find a way to keep the Lions winless. I pick Jacksonville.

My uncle Jeff really likes Pittsburgh and my neighbor Jackie really likes the Colts. Family trumps neighbors so I will pick the Steelers.

I will go with the defending Super Bowl champion NY Giants to beat the Eagles in Philadelphia.

Okay, so we'll see how good I am at picking NFL games. Be sure to watch the games and then send me your comments on my selections.

Riley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Riley,
Just thought I would touch base with you to see what your football predictions are going to be for this week----of course we already know that OSU is going to beat the tar out of Michigan.... Right ?!!!
Grandpa said if anything happens to him this week and he can't make "The Big Game", it will be you and I trucking off to the stadium...Yell, right like he is going to miss this game.
What's happening in school this week? Friday I'm sure will be alot of fun with all your friends in their scarlet & grey. Do you have any friends that are pulling for Michigan? If so, bet we can convert them to our way of thinking.
Better sign off for now---study hard (I know that you always do) and "GO BUCKS !!!!!"
Love, Gram