Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ryan's Birthday Edition

Greetings Readers,

In honor of my little brother Ryan's birthday (he turns 7 tomorrow), I will be making my football picks in just a second. First, I need to let you know that I scored another goal in last week's game. We won 2-0.

Not much happened in school this week. We did have our first Student Council meeting but it was kind of boring.

I got two of my projects back and scored 100% on both. My "Dear Mr. Henshaw" game was a 50 out of 50 and my Mingo Indian Mound was a 40 out of 40. I almost got 100% in my football picks last week but I missed the Clemson game. Still, 4 out of 5 is pretty good.

Here are the games I am picking this week:

Kentucky vs. Florida
Texas Tech vs. Kansas
Illinois vs. Wisconsin
Georgia vs. LSU
Penn State vs. Ohio State

My mom graduated from Kentucky and I know you all know my Dad went to school at Florida. Sorry Mom but I am going with Dad and his Gators in this one. I still love you though.

My Dad and Uncle Kevin were saying that the Big 12 defenses are pretty lame so I think that Texas Tech will outscore Kansas in a shootout.

Illinois travels to Wisconsin this weekend and will be facing a Badgers team that has lost three in a row. I don;t think they'll lose 4 straight so I will pick Wisconsin.

LSU plays at home after two big road games. (My Dad reminded me that his Gators beat LSU 51-21 two weeks ago). I am tired of hearing about LSU so i will pick the Bulldogs of Georgia.

The big game of the day is right here in Columbus where undefeated, 3rd ranked Penn State will play Ohio State. I just watched Lee Corso on ESPN choose Ohio State and I think he made a good pick. Jim Tressel will have his players dressed and ready to play so I will choose Ohio State.

Next week will be a special Halloween edition of The Riley Register. Please leave me a comment this week and tell me what kind of candy you'll be passing out at your house.

Bye,

Riley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting that you scored another goal, Riley!! : ) Are you ready to tell your readers what you're going to be for Halloween? Hopefully that will be included in your Halloween edition - pictures too!!