Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy

Gooooooaaaaaaaaalllllll!

I had a soccer game today. It was very hot and we were in full sun. Only 12 girls showed up. I think I am coming down with my little brothers cold so that made it hard for me to run so much today.

We played a team that had 17 players on it. So unfair! My team only has 13 players on it (if everyone shows up) and today we only had 12 show up - Natalie and her family are in Ireland. 9 girls play at a time so three girls got to sit on the sidelines. It was a lot of running today. At first we thought we were going to lose really bad but we ended tied 3-3. My grandpa said it was a great game and my team should be very proud at how hard we worked cuz we had so fewer players.
Here's the good news....I made a goal! I tied the game at 2-2. I knew I was going to score too. Today is my dad's birthday and I wanted to score a goal for him. I did it! After every goal my friend Mandy & I make we always run to each other and high five each other. One of these games we may try and chest bump each other. (I think my grandma would crack up if she saw that).

The funniest thing to see after I score a goal is my mom. You should see how she jumps out of her chair and cheers. Good grief! She jumps up and down on the sidelines and always gives me a thumbs up! Today, she had to grab her cell phone and call my dad down in Florida to tell him the great news.
My grandma cheers and claps as fast as her hands can. My grandpa cheers and yells, "do it again Ri". They are great fans! They have never missed any of my games .

Because I scored my goal I got to pick out something yummy for dessert tonight. I picked out a pint of Graeter's "Buckeye Blitz" ice-cream. It's mine! All mine! I am going to be a very happy soccer player when I enjoy my dessert tonight.

Hope you had a fun Sunday! I did.

p.s. Happy Birthday Daddy! 41 huh? WOW!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the Goal Riley!!! I'm so proud of you! Hope your cold goes away soon.

Love, Aunt Shannon

Anonymous said...

Riley,
Great job on your soccer game! We are very proud of you even when you don't score a goal. I'm sure your mom is a sight to see when you score. I can just picture her now leaping into the air and cheering you on. Hope you enjoy your "Buckeye Blitz" ice cream!

Love,
Aunt Beckye

Anonymous said...

Riley,
We were soooooo proud of you yesterday during your soccer game---you did a great job (always do) and when you made that goal---well, I though my heart was going to stop!!!! I know that you wanted to make a goal yesterday, even before you walked out onto the field you said you were going to make a goal that day and you always follow through with your thought plans. You ran your little heart out for your team and it showed by the ending score. Seems like you and Mandy can read each other very well.
Keep up the good work and team spirit.
Love, Gram

Anonymous said...

Riley,
I think this is my Favorite blogger to date! You were very descriptive about eveything from the comments about your Mom and Grandma (which made me laugh I could just picture them)to the ice cream. Congrats on the goal Riley!I always tell Brandon he can do anything as long as he believes he can. I see you believe the same thing!
Love You,
Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Riley I love your blog!!!!
It must have took a while to put together. Thanks for inviting me over. I had a great time!!!!

Sincerely,
Dana,and Ellen Snyder

Anonymous said...

Riley I love your blog!!!!
It must have took a while to put together. Thanks for inviting me over. I had a great time!!!!

Sincerely,
Dana,and Ellen Snyder