Saturday, October 18, 2008

Witchy Weather

It's starting to feel like fall and the leaves sure are falling in our yard. My Dad better get his rake ready.



This was a busy week at school. We had tests in spelling and math. I think I did well on my spelling test and I'm not so sure about math. I did take my time and double-checked my answers and should find out results next week.


I started working on my next project at school which is to create an Indian mound. We are studying the Mingo Tribe. They are from the Ohio area and they lived up by Steubenville. My Dad and I started the project by mixing flour, salt and water to create a clay-like substance which we formed into our mound. It should be dry today so we can paint it, add grass and trees and other decorations to make it look real.


We didn't have school on Friday because the teachers had something called COTA day. My little wild cousin Shelby came over to play while her sister Taylor had a doctor's appointment.


I will be going to a Halloween party at my friend Alison's house tonight. I am dressing up this year as a witch and my brother, Ryan, will be dressing up as Beanie Wells. He's a football player at Ohio State. Ryan loves to say "beanie."

Now it's time for my weekly football picks. Last week I finished above .500 getting 3 out of 5 correct. Dad says I should have picked his Gators. He got to see them live in person as they beat LSU 51-21.

This week's games will be:

Ohio State vs. Michigan State
Georgia Tech vs. Clemson
Miami vs. Duke
Missouri vs. Texas
LSU vs. South Carolina

I like Ohio State to beat Michigan State on the road.

Clemson will rally around their new coach and beat visiting Georgia Tech

Wow - Hurricanes vs. The Devils? That's a hard one to predict. I think I will go with Miami because I have heard of Miami but have never heard of Duke.

Texas will protect the #1 ranking and beat the Tigers.

I don't see LSU dropping two night games in a row so I will choose the Tigers.

I'll try to take a picture of my Indian mound when it's done and post it on my blog. Gotta run off to soccer practice.

Riley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley,
What an exciting soccer game today---you kept Grandpa & myself on the edge of our chairs.... But, I must admit the best moment of all was when you scored the first goal for your team. YEA !!!!! Your team is really coming along strong this year, we see a big improvement at each game, must be that new coach you have.....
Keep up the good work !!!
Love, Gram

Anonymous said...

Hi Riley,
I am glad you won your soccer game.
A witch is a good thing to be for Halloween.
See you at school.

From,
Rachel Dr. :) :) :)