Saturday, September 27, 2008

Apple Picking and Pigskin Picking

Hello everyone.

It's been a while since my last post. I have been busy and my Dad has been out of town so he wasn't here to help me.

My family just spent the morning at Lynd's Fruit Farm near Pataskala, Ohio. We picked two bags full of Red and Golden Delicious apples. My little brother Ryan liked climbing the apple trees and tossing down ripe ones from the top. We also got some apple cider. I don't like the red apples as much as the yellow ones.

I picked apples this morning so I think it's funny that I am going to pick football winners now. Here are the games I will choose this weekend:

  • Arkansas at Texas
  • Wisconsin at Michigan
  • Colorado vs. Florida State
  • Alabama at Georgia
  • Virginia Tech at Nebraska

I will pick Texas to win in the first game.
I am picking Michigan to win against Wisconsin. My Dad says this would be an upset if it happens.
I like the Buffaloes of Colorado to beat the Seminoles of Florida State
Georgia will beat the team from Alabama
Nebraska will win against Virginia Tech

I don't know how much football I'll be able to watch today. I am on my way to get new cleats for soccer and then I will be working on a school project.

Riley

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ri!
You are a great apple picker. Thanks for helping me pick all those apples.

Hugs,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Riley,
I was glad to see your new updates to your register/blog site.... I keep checking your site, you know us grandmothers never want to miss any bits of news from their grandchildren. And---I always find yours exciting. Apple picking on Sat., what fun !!! I can just see you and Ryan climbing up those trees. I took one of your apples to work with me today, didn't get a chance to eat it, but every time I looked up and saw it on my desk I thought of you.
I also was soooooo thrilled at the goal you made on Sunday for your soccer team. Way to go!!!
Later,
Love, Gram

Anonymous said...

Hi Riley,
I love to pick apples.
I think apples also taste good.

Rachel Dr. :) :) :)