Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wow! What a Week

Greetings Readers,

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days but 4th grade is starting to get busy. This week we had our first test. It was in math. If you need to know anything about parallelograms or trapezoids, I'm your girl.
We worked on our "Favorite Place" writings. I am writing about my room. I really like it because it is pink and my brother isn't allowed in there.

I was selected to be a D.E.A.R monitor for this year. D.E.A.R stands for Drop Everything and Read. I will be helping in 1st and 2nd grad classrooms making sure the kids are able to read their books. My partner will be my friend Maria Caradonna. Our first time to help will be in October.

In music we discussed Constitution Day. We learned to sing America the Beautiful and some other patriotic songs.

Outside of school, I had my first soccer practice. My dad is going to be our coach. All of the girls on the team are from Windermere. Some are in 4th grade and some are in 3rd grade. Our color will be royal blue but we don't have a team name yet. What do you think we should call our team this year? Send me your suggestions.

It's time for my picks for this weekend's big college football games. Last week I improved on week #1 by getting 4 out of 5 correct. Let's see how I do this week.

Georgia vs. South Carolina - I will pick the Bulldogs from Georgia

Oregon vs. Purdue - I will agree with the experts and choose the Ducks from Oregon

Michigan vs. Notre Dame - I think Notre Dame will need their luck so I will pick the Fighting Irish.

Wisconsin vs. Fresno State - I have never heard of Fresno State so I will pick Wisconsin

Ohio State vs. USC - Since Beanie Wells is not going to play, I will pick USC. I am sorry to betray the Buckeyes.


I gotta run. We have soccer practice later this morning. Hopefully we won't get rained out. Have a great weekend.



Riley














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Riley, I'm really impressed with your technology skills! I think I could learn a lesson or two from you :) I love having you in my class this year and I hope you are enjoying 4th grade.
Windermere rocks!
-Mrs. Lobao